Every year, I post predictions for the coming year apropos Grace Episcopal Alexandria, the clergy perjury parish. For 2022, I predict another year of decline for the church.
Here are my prognostications for 2022:
- Grace, like much of the diocese, will be caught flat-footed by the Omicron-fueled surge in COVID cases.
- Already non-compliant with diocesan guidelines to prevent COVID transmission, both the church and the school will have cases.
- Given the demographics of the church, there will be at least one death due to COVID.
- Revenue will continue to decline as parishioners and visitors alike continue to realize that this is a church that is swirling the drain.
- Conflict within the parish will increase, as the church faces increasing financial pressure.
- True to form, the parish will try to ignore the precipitous decline in its fortunes.
- The parish will not develop a strategic plan and thus will continue to drift, rudderless.
- Key programs will end due to resource constraints, lack of interest, and the continuing threat of COVID.
Let’s see how accurate my predictions are!