Although I’ve posted this before, with pledge season looming it’s important to remember just what Grace Church is, and the results of its so-called ministry. In turn, it is appropriate to consider whether the church’s conduct warrants your financial support.
Below is a screen cap of a message, posted to Fairfax Underground, that combines homophobia and something even uglier: Someone urging another human being to commit suicide. The author is believed to be Lucy Medley.
That raises several questions, including:
- In what sort of toxic church is this sort of thing acceptable?
- What sort of parents raise a child to think that urging others to commi suicide is acceptable?
- How can a young person grow up at Grace Church and be so utterly devoid of basic human respect and civility as to think this is okay?
- What sort of example does this set for young people in the church?
- Why is it that we see multiple similar incidents of behavior of this sort, including Bob Malm lying under oath, the church trying to subpoena a dying woman, Sugarland Chiow making inventing fake places and fake events in his pleadings, disclosure of confidential giving, hoarding by church staff and more?
- Why would you give your time, talent and treasure to support a church where this sort of thing goes on?