- Lie to vestry members about important HR issues (“don’t worry about it, they’ll be retiring this year,”)
- Lie in court
- Fail to adhere to basic organizational policies (like the canonical requirement that the vestry elect its officers)
- Lose track of thousands of dollars in funds (like those found in the parish administrator’s office)
- Generate facially inaccurate financial reports
- Deliberately misuse funds (like our memorial donations)
And still keep their job? And get a $100k bonus on top of that?
I was happy to see that my sentiments about churches generally were recently echoed by my friend Dee Parsons, who tweeted this: