- The document asserts that I left on my own. If that’s the case, why did Bob Malm feel the need to send an email to me and Mike, telling us we are unwelcome? And by did he instruct church staff and volunteers to exclude us? For the record, I didn’t transfer my membership until 2017. And it was not until 2018 that Mike and I asked to have our names removed from all Episcopal church records.
- If there is no truth to my concerns, why then do I have messages like the one that follows, from Peter Barnes, then senior warden, which was sent after one of Bob’s spates of inappropriate behavior. In it, Peter is very clear: “It’s Bob, not you.”
- As discussed elsewhere, at no point have I threatened anyone at Grace Church, and Bob knows it. Indeed, his actions, in which he tries to use his role as clergy to discredit me, claim that I am mentally ill, and stoke fears within the church prove the accuracy of my underlying contentions.
- The use of inflammatory, prejudicial rhetoric in his pleadings, including his references to a non-existent church shooting in the equally non-existent town of “Sugarland Texas,” together with his treating this as a personal vendetta, underscores Jeff Chiow’s questionable ethics.
Friday, August 23, 2019
When you elect people to a church vestry or board, you expect them to be honest and diligent, right? Well, in the case of the Grace Church vestry, you’d have just cause to ask tough questions about the former.
Attached is the vestry talking points document circulated about this conflict. In it are several questionable assertions:
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
With Shrine Mont coming up, back to school, and perjuring priest Bob Malm’s upcoming retirement, there’s lots to do in the coming weeks. With that in mind, I’ll be leafletting a few remaining homes in Potomac Yards tomorrow, weather permitting, and protesting in several places this week.
Plans also include protests for the first day of classes at Grace Episcopal School, Dysfunctional Bob’s last Sunday and the bishop’s visit, and more.
P.S. Oh, and keep in mind it’s not perjury if Bob Malm didn’t know it was a lie. If he can’t tell the difference between truth and a lie, it’s not perjury!
Friday, March 8, 2019
Today was a successful day. Why? Because I had my first 100,000 hit day in social media, after a couple friends generously reposted/retweeted my posts.
To build on that, I’ll be leafleting this weekend, in addition to the usual protests at Dysfunction Junction, aka Malm Square(d), Sugarland Circle, MOM’s, and a few other key digs. My goal is to do 500 homes, and I have chosen some key locations in Beverly Hills, Potomac Yards, and Del Ray.
So, here’s hoping for nice weather!
Monday, March 4, 2019
Monday, February 25, 2019
Thursday, February 21, 2019
I had so downtime today, which I happily spent with members of the local chapter of the Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests (SNAP). Great group, and I spoke to the media about my childhood experiences with a sexually abusive member of the clergy, as well as the non-sexual abuse I experienced at Grace Episcopal in Alexandria. Coverage on WTOP, NBC, and Fox News, including a statement by chapter president Becky Ianni.
Check out this clip, complete with my http://www.bobmalm.com sign! https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/_I-Felt-Abandoned__-Church-Sex-Abuse-Survivors-Seek-Change_Washington-DC-506181132.html
Monday, September 3, 2018
I have some free time later this week, and will be leafleting broad swaths of Alexandria. You can see the leaflet below.
For the record, and before Jeff “Sugarland” Chiow and Dysfunctional Bob falsely claim that this activity violates the existing court order:
- Nothing in the court order addresses First Amendment protected activity such as this, nor can it.
- Nothing in the flyer is threatening (Bob Malm can spare us the “my wife thinks this is him making good on his threats,” lies and distortion).
- No flyers will be handed out within 1000 feet of Bob Malm, his home, or the church.
- I will at no point come within 1000 feet of Bob Malm, his home, or the church.
Saturday, August 25, 2018
Gotta love a Tabor education; apparently, logic is not high on the list of priorities.
Here, we see Bob Malm asserting that he’s never met my mom, and thus her blog cannot be hers.
Non sequitor, anyone? Or should we class this as a fallacy of ignoratio elenchi? Your call.