I read with interest Michael Jones’ sermons from Shrine Mont, particularly in light of Dysfunctional Bob’s impending retirement. And while I agree with much of what he says, particularly his remarks about the importance of being positive, I want to rebut the underlying premises behind his sermons.
- Jesus was very clear in offering choice words for clergy who are hypocrites and who interfere with the faith of others.
- The Bible is very clear about bearing false witness—as in Bob Malm’s perjury, done in writing, under oath, in front of parishioners, and with legal counsel involved.
- Jesus would have no use for a church that thinks it’s okay to try to drag a drying woman into court.
- God does not approve of the deliberate misuse of memorial donations.
- God is outraged when Bob Malm pushes Mike out of the Christian faith, after being received into The Episcopal Church only 18 months earlier.
- God is not okay with a church where members are so morally bereft as to think it’s okay to urge others to commit suicide.